Funeral of Lachhiman Gurung VC
Wednesday 22nd December at
Hounslow Civic Centre, Lampton Road,
HOUNLOW, TW3 4DN
08.30 Set up of room by Budhist Lamas begin
09.15 Doors open for mourners.
09.45 Arrival of the Mayor, Leader, Deputy Leader, the Ambassador of Nepal to the United Kingdom and other dignitaries etc. take their places.
10:00 Hearse with remains of Lachhiman Gurung VC arrive at Civic Centre. It will be met in Members car park by bearer party and piper and carried into the conference hall, followed by family party.
10.05 Bhuddist funeral prayers begin.
11:05 Bhuddist funeral prayers end. Speeches.
1) Councillor Colin Ellar Mayor, London Borough of Hounslow
2) His Excellency Dr Suresh Chandra Chalise, the Ambassador on behalf of the Government of Nepal
3) Colonel DG Hayes CBE Colonel Brigade of Gurkhas on behalf of Gurkha regiments and the HQBG
4) Mr Reshamlal Gurung, son of Lachhiman VC on behalf of family.
5) Mr Padam Bahadur Gurung, President GAESO on behalf of Gurkha and Nepalese organisations.
11:45 Last Post, 2 mins silence and Reveille.
11:50 Family tributes and floral tributes.
12.20 Royal British Legion standards form up in Members Car Park.
12:25 Cllr. Former Mayor Paul Lynch vote of thanks on behalf of organising committee.
12.30 Bearer party and piper and carry the remains of Lachhiman Gurung VC out of the conference hall. Royal British Legion standards dip as Bearer party pass them.
The hearse will depart either for burial in Chiswick or for storage awaiting transport to Nepal. In the case of a burial a select family group will go to Chiswick New Cemetery.
12.45 Reception begins.
13.15 VIPs take their leave.
16.30 Reception ends.
17.30 Site clear.
OFFICIAL CONTACT PERSON
Julie Davies, Mayor’s office, tel. 0208 583 2000 Ext. 2243
Major Hemchandra Rai BEM RGR, Deputy Chief of Staff, HQBG, Tel. 01980628560. E-mail:
. He is liaising with military and MoD.
1. This is not decided whether the body would be flown to Nepal. The family will decide on this matter. However, the final tributes would be held in the Hounslow Council Great Hall.
2. If you are coming booking by buses from far distance, you must report timely for parking space.
3. Very limited private car parking in the premises.
4. Any inquiries on any matter the contact person is Dharma Tamang. His contact number is 07723063961.
5. There is enough space, so you can come using tube and public buses.
6. If you are representing an association or organisation, you must send your name of the organisation and the contact details, and then the name would be published in the memorial service leaflet.
7. The burial service would be entirely private. Only the family members would be permitted. The space also is very narrow.
8. By 0830 hrs. Requested to enter inside the Civic Centre premises.
WREATHS OR FLOWER SERVICE
Hounslow Civic Centre
Tel. 0208 583 2000.
BURIAL CEMETERY LOCATION
Chiswick New Cemetery
FOR REST INFORMATIONS
1. Miss Amrita (grand-daughter of VC):
2. Dharma Tamang
3. Chitra Gurung (grand-son of VC) Mob: 07863670676
(Endorsed by Hounslow Council meeting)
Chandra Bahadur Gurung (Ph. D)