PDA

View Full Version : Nepali temple to be set up in London

outspoken
26th April 2010, 23:17
Good move for the community? or another fiasco? Express your views...

Nepali temple to be set up in London

Expatriate Nepalese community in UK have stepped up efforts to set up a Nepali Temple-cum-Community Centre in South East London.

Trustees and other donors being felicitated at the fund-raising event for Nepali temple in London last week.
A time line plan, along with various activities in-between by the community leaders in South East London, has envisaged to inaugurate the temple on the occasion of ‘Ghatasthapana’ (8th October 2010).

Addressing a fund-raising event organised last week at the Asian Community Centre, London, chairperson of the temple management committee Hom Sharma said the committee had already raised over £100,000 but still needed substantial amount to set up the temple with enough space to organise social activities and meetings. He further said the management committee was looking for a suitable venue in south east London and urged all members of the Nepali community and other devotees to generously support the initiative.

The trustees of the temple management committee include Hom Sharma, Bhandari brothers, Kandel brothers, and Ram Kumar Adhikari.

One of the trustees of the temple and leading entrepreneur, Pashupati Bhandari, said as the number of expatriate Nepalese was going up in the UK, the need for a Temple and Community Centre was felt for quite long. It was envisioned and initiated by Nepal Forum UK, a community based volunteer organisation, in 2005 to develop as an independent charitable community venture.

“While we are trying to get some land from the local authority, such an initiative can’t be completed without the active and generous support of each and every member of the Nepali community now living in the UK,” said Bhandari. He also urged various organisations led and managed by Nepalese in the UK to come forward to help this initiative in whatever way possible.

The management committee is going to launch its website soon and has urged its well-wishers to set up direct debit to streamline their contributions. nepalnews.com

Source: http://www.nepalnews.com/main/index.php/news-archive/8-news-in-brief/5646-nepali-temple-to-be-set-up-in-london.html

dambar
28th April 2010, 10:38
It is not clearly explained in the news that the type of religious temple. There is something hide in the news that why it is called Nepali temple. Nepali is not a religion. If it is not religion, why it is called temple? It is very ambiguous purpose in setting up this kind of project. I rather prefer to say Hindu temple, Buddhist temple, Sikh Temple, Krishna Temple etc. Whoever is behind the project should come out and tell the public clearly about the purpose of the project. I find they are trying to disguise the Nepali community in UK.

ssudin
28th April 2010, 15:57
Probably its a first Nepali Temple in the UK. So probably there will be statue/photo of Krishna Bhagwan, Shiva, Parvati, Durga, Lord Buddha and many more.
So damber what would u call this??? Hindu Temple or Buddhist Temple.....

so commonly its Nepali Temple......end of the day its Nepali Temple......owned by Nepali community.

Majority of nepali ppls house has puja kotha or corner where there are mixed of all hindu n buddhist god, do call it PUJA KOTHA or HINDU PUJA KOTHA or BUDDHIST PUJA KOTHA.

outspoken
28th April 2010, 19:51
dambar, true it's not clear yet, let's give them a chance to hear what the 'community leaders' have to say.

england_hotmale
29th April 2010, 08:56
;D,, Damber ji , SUVA PRABHAT N JAYA NEPAL,,,

,,,, I love your comment. Infact,,, your comment have truth,,,

... U know one things,,,, our country was ,,,, SHREE 5 KO SARKAR,,,, BUT CHANGE TO MERO SARKAR,,,,,

,,, ,,, DO U REALLY THINK ,, THT;S WHT ALL NEPALESE PEOPLE WANT,,

IS THT WE CALL CHANGES IN NEPAL,,, ITS SHAME THT WE DON;T CHANGE OUR COUNTRY THROUGH DIFFERENT WAY LIKE WITH GOOD ECONOMY N GOOD TRANSPORT INCLUDING ELECTRICITY ,,,,,,,,,,,,,

,, by the way temple is not owned by individual,,,, it has to be share,,,,

,,, DO U REALLY THINK,,,,, CHANGING GOVERNMENT N FIGHTING FOR NOTHING CAN BRING CHANGE,

,,,,,,, THT;S WHT IS ABOUT NEPALI TEMPLE,,,,,,,,,

I M TOTALLY AGAINST THT WORD NEPALI TEMPLE,,,,,,,,,,,,,, RACISM IS NOT ONLY USE FOR BLACK N WHITE

,,,,,,,,,,TEMPLE IS TEMPLE,,, WHETHER ITS HINDU,,, BUDDHIST,,, CHRISTIAN OR MUSLIM,,,

,,, YES I WILL FEEL PROUD IF ,,,,, WE NEPALESE CAN ESTABLISHED ,,,,,,,,,,NEW HINDU TEMPLE ,,,,,IN SOUTH EAST,,,

,,, yastai ho bhane,,, one day,,,,, there will be,, ;D,, GRG NEPALI TEMPLE,, ;D, BAHUN NEPALI TEMPLE,, ;D,,,MAGAR NEPALI TEMPLE,,, CHETRI NEPALI TEMPLE,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, :o
PARWATE NEPALI TEMPLE
,NEWAR TEMPLE,... SO ON... SO ON..

,,, ;D love is a precious a beautiful gift treasure it..an ....it begins with yourself” ;D,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

I know my comments specially bring anger to innocent forum member,,, ??? but,, tht;s wht i m if u don;t like it pls don;t read it,,

proud 2b pakhe(england_hotmale)

jenish
29th April 2010, 15:43
Correct me if I am wrong but temple is NOT temple for all religions.

- Christian goes to chruch
- Muslims goes to mosque

and they are not temples... and I don't see the point of talking about politics and changes in Nepal in this topic and the transportation and economy!!! WHAT?

Jenish
Oxford

england_hotmale
30th April 2010, 08:09
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,suva prabhat,, jaya nepal,,,

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,TEMPLE,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,MO SQUE,,,,,,,, CHURCH,,,,, GUFA,,,,,,, ITS ALL SAME,,, ONLY THE NAME IS DIFFERENT,,

THT;S WHT I WAS TRYING TO SAY,,,,, EVERYBODY KNOWS THT ,, CHRISTIAN GOES TO CHURCH,,,,,,,,MUSLIM GOES TO MOSQUE,,,

, ITS JUST LIKE ,,,, SUN RISE IN THE EAST,, ;D, SURYA PURWA MA UDHAUCHA,,,, ;D PURWA MA SURYA UDAUCHA,,,

I don;t understand,, why some students try to become english teacher,,, even they know we don;t want to take her class lol.. ;D

By the way,,, politics is everywhere whether its in religious matter or in private life,,,,,
or ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,economy good transport,,,,, I m just giving,,, example,,, through tht topic,,,,

,,,,, by the way some people don;t read full post comments

HALF POST COMMENT to read n to reply MAKE U TO THINK HALF,,,,,,,,,, THT;S WHY PEOPLE SUFFER, LOL ::), with , wht?

proud 2b pakhe(england_hotmale)

jenish
1st May 2010, 13:30
Sorry but I don't agree with you, they are not the same, they are totally different.
I don't understand what you're trying to say by student, teacher, class. Doesn't make sense at all, can you be more specific?

Jenish

outspoken
2nd May 2010, 00:41
Have to agree with Jenish here, england_hotmale you're not getting your point across clearly.

My stance is we shouldn't speculate on any details yet until the people responsible announce formally their intentions. Until then, lets keep the debate healthy.

My opinion is, I think it's going to be tricky trying to establish a 'temple' for Nepali's, where you have to balance the needs of every community in our diverse society. It appears to me, for some reason or another, a trend is for Nepali's disbanding umbrella organisations such as Yeti, and forming Jayati societies. Whilst is this is happening, I fear only certain communities would be willing to attend a place of worship and benefit and others may feel less so welcomed. My view is a place of worship should be open to anyone who wishes to embrace the religion(s), philosophies, wisdom the 'temple' is practising/offering. Let's not forgot, to us Nepali's who have been in the UK a long time, did the local lama or pundit ever question with disrepute our origins?...No.

It will be interesting to see what unfolds, because all we need right now is another entity or establishment geared or dominated towards a particular caste or group. Efforts to welcome all sections of the Nepalese community would be a great achievement, which will truly reflect and be a testament to the golden times of Nepal and it's people.

It's funny how much parallels there are with what's going on Nepal and the communities abroad. Are we learning anything from being abroad? I hope so : - )

outspoken

316tkr
20th May 2010, 21:48
hahaah