PDA

View Full Version : nepalese diet in uk

nepalidiet
3rd May 2010, 08:48
hi everybody!

I am a dietitan working closely with Nepalese population in Farnborough. With Diabetes being one of the main chronic condition in nepalese population, i would like to do my best to help!

Lifestyle changes that we can make is one of the ways to reduce the complications related to diabetes later in life. Making dietary changes is something we can do for good diabetes management.

In order to do that, i am planning to create healthy eating diet sheet for nepalese people. To do that i would like to find as much information as possible in terms of nepalese diet in UK, the method of cooking if possible, about alcohol intake/Smoking - amount and type etc.

I would be very greatful to the members of the nepali samaz and all nepali readers if they can help me with this. I deally i would want to know what and how much anyone usually eats from the time they get up until going to sleep. And also discuss about nepalese diet in uk and how its differet to that in Nepal.

thank u

outspoken
4th May 2010, 20:53
I may come back and respond properly, but for starters (excuse the pun/joke), to provide you an overview of Nepalese cooking, this website provides a good source for the range of Nepali dishes and the ingredients that go in them.

It'll be interesting to know your findings.

Nepalese Cooking
http://cooking.nepalnews.com/

nepalidiet
6th May 2010, 22:17
THANK YOU FOR UR POST AND I DID ENJOY THE STARTER INDEED.
Please do visit again and write in more detail!
For example can u tell me what you had for today for instance from the time u woke up until u went to bed including amounts in household measures!!

outspoken
10th May 2010, 20:59
Surely as part of your studies, you're interviewing your targets for data ;-)