PDA

View Full Version : ILE holder in need of Home fee University/college in the UK!!!

316tkr
16th May 2008, 08:57
I was looking for home fee university/college in the uk as a student for an ILE(Indefinite Leave or Entry) holder[/b].

Guys advise me for list of the colleges that provides the service.

have a nice day!

:)

316tkr
16th May 2008, 09:24
this is what i have found!!

A4. How Fee Status is Assessed
This sheet gives basic information on who can be regarded as a Home Student for fees and who may be eligible for an award.
The information applies only to students starting a course after the 1st September 1998. Students who started their course before this date and who have any queries about their fee status or student support entitlement should make an appointment with a Student Adviser.
Who pays Home Rate fees?
In order to pay the lower ‘home’ rate of fees you need to be able to meet the conditions set out in the ‘Education (Fees and Awards) Regulations’.
These conditions are:
• that you are ‘settled’ in the UK on the relevant date. For courses beginning in September this date is 1st September 2005. If you are starting a course in the Spring Term, the date is 1st January and if you are starting in the Summer Term the date is 1st April. To be ‘settled’ you need to show that you have the right of abode or indefinite leave to enter or remain in the UK, and
• that you have been ‘ordinarily resident’ in the UK throughout the three years immediately before the relevant date (see above). If your course begins in September 2005, you must have been ‘ordinarily resident’ since 1st September 2002. ‘Ordinarily resident’ means showing that you have lived in the UK habitually, normally and lawfully, from choice and for a settled purpose; and
• that the reason for your residence has not been wholly or mainly for the purpose of receiving full-time education during any part of that three year period.
If you have been away from the UK during the past three years, but can show that the reason for your absence was because you, your parents or your spouse were working abroad temporarily, you may still be considered to have been ‘ordinarily resident’.
Special rules apply to the children of some Armed Services personnel.
Exceptions to the rules
Some students are eligible to pay Home rate fees without meeting these residence rules. If you are in one of the following categories, you will be eligible to pay Home fees:
EU Nationals/ EEA Migrant workers
• You are a European Union (EU) national or the child of a EU national and have been ‘ordinarily resident’ in the European Economic Area (EEA) throughout the three year period, for reasons other than full-time education. As before, absences from the EEA for reasons of temporary employment are allowed.
• You are an EEA Migrant Worker* and you have been employed in the UK, and have been ordinarily resident in the EEA, for reasons other than full-time education, for the relevant three-year period.
• You are a Swiss national working in the UK and you have been resident in the EEA or Switzerland for the relevant three-year period, you also meet the rules in the same way as an EEA migrant worker.
• You are the spouse of an EEA Migrant Worker*(or Swiss migrant worker) living with your spouse in the UK and you meet the residence conditions above.
• You are the child of an EEA Migrant Worker* (or Swiss migrant worker), living in the UK as a consequence of your parents’ employment here, and have been living in the EEA, for reasons other than full-time education, for the relevant three-year period.
Students from accession countries who have joined the EU in May 2004 are treated in the same way as other EU nationals. Accession countries will be treated as having always been part of the EEA for residence purposes. Cypriot nationals must hold a Greek passport or identity card to qualify under the above rules.
For more information on EU and EEA nationals’ entitlements, please see separate sheet E1 ‘European Economic Area (EEA) Students: Fees and Awards’.
* The term ‘Migrant Worker’ has a special definition under EC Regulations
Refugees
• You have been granted full Refugee status or Exceptional Leave to Remain (ELR) or Humanitarian Protection (HP) or Discretionary Leave (DL) by the Home Office, or you are the child or spouse of someone with that status.
• You have been granted Indefinite Leave to Enter or Remain ILE/R) under the Home Office asylum backlog clearance scheme, or you are the child or spouse of someone with that status.
For more information on the rights of Refugees, please see separate sheet A6 ‘Refugees and Asylum Seekers – Fees and Awards’
• Certain Hong Kong residents – the rules are complicated, please ask the Student Advisers for details.
• Students studying under a formal reciprocal exchange agreement, in which case you would not normally have to pay fees to this University.
Who is eligible for an Award?
To be eligible for an Award (i.e. help towards some or all of your fees and the Student Loan and grants) you need to be able to meet the same immigration status and residence conditions as you do for Home rate fees, see above.
In addition to the residence and immigration status conditions, you must also satisfy the following requirements:
• That the course you intend to do is a ‘designated course’. Full-time degree courses, HND and DipHE courses are ‘designated’.
• That you have not previously studied on a full-time Higher Education course at a publicly funded institution in the UK. If you dropped out of the previous course within the first 12 months, you may still qualify.
• If you attended a previous course for longer than 12 months, you will not normally get a Fees Award, but can still claim the loan and any supplementary grants.
• You must apply for an Award within 9 months of starting each year of your course, i.e. by the May 2006 for courses beginning in September 2005. If you miss this deadline you may not be able to apply for funding until the following academic year.
Exceptions to the rules
The following students may qualify for an Award without having to meet the residence and immigration status rules;
EU and EEA nationals
• You are an EEA Migrant Worker* and you will be studying on a ‘designated course’ which is related to your employment and which will improve your employment prospects.
• You are an EEA Migrant Worker* who has been working in the UK and who will continue to work after the start of the course.
• You are an EEA Migrant Worker* and have lost your job through no fault of your own and your course will help your employment prospects.
• You are an EEA Migrant Worker*, have come to the UK to look for work and have been actively seeking work during the past 6 months, but have not found a job.
• You are the child of an EEA Migrant Worker* and are living in the UK as a direct result of your parents’ employment here.
• You are the spouse of an EEA Migrant Worker and are installed in the UK with your spouse.
• You are a British Citizen and have been working in another EEA country for all or part of the three year period and have returned to the UK and taken up employment before the start of the course, or
• You are the child or spouse of the above.
*the term Migrant Worker has a special definition under EC regulations. See separate sheet E1 ‘EEA Students: Fees and Awards’
EU Nationals who have been resident in the UK since before 1.9.2002
Nationals of EU countries who have been ‘ordinarily resident’ in the UK for the 3 years before the start of the course are now eligible for
a Fees Grant and the Student Loan, Higher Education Grant and any additional grants on the same basis as UK residents. It does not matter if time has been spent in full-time education during the three years residence in the UK.
EU Nationals who are not Migrant Workers and who have not lived in the UK for 3 years before the start of the course
If you are an EU national or the child of an EU national and have been ordinarily resident in the EEA, but not in the UK for the three-year period before the start of the course, you may qualify for help towards your fees, but you will not qualify for the Student Loan or Supplementary Grants
Swiss Nationals
Swiss nationals who have been ordinarily resident in Switzerland or the EEA for at least three years before the start of the course and who meet the rules for Migrant Worker status will normally be able to pay Home rate fees and qualify for an Award.
New EU Countries
Students from countries joining the EU in May 2004 will be treated in the same way as other EU nationals.
For more information on EU and EEA nationals’ entitlements, and Migrant Worker status please see separate sheet E1 ‘EEA Students: Fees and Awards’
Refugees :
• The Home Office has granted you or your spouse Refugee status and you have since remained ordinarily resident in the UK. If you are granted Refugee status part-way through the course, you must apply for an Award within 9 months of the Home Office decision.
• You have been granted Exceptional Leave to Remain (ELR) or Humanitarian Protection (HP) or Discretionary Leave (DL) by the Home Office as the result of an asylum application. You must have been ordinarily resident in the UK for the three years immediately before the start of course (1st September for courses beginning in the Autumn, term) and the purpose of your residence must not have been mainly for full-time education during any part of that three years.
• You have been granted Indefinite Leave to Enter or Remain ILE/R) under the Home Office asylum backlog clearance scheme. You must have been ordinarily resident in the UK for the three years immediately before the start of course (1st September for courses beginning in the Autumn, term) and the purpose of your residence must not have been mainly for full-time education during any part of that three years.
• If you are granted Refugee status, ELR/HP/DL or ILE/R part-way through the course, you must apply for an Award within 9 months of the Home Office decision.
• If you are the child or spouse of any of the above you will also qualify.
NB Since 1st April 2003 the Home Office has no longer been granting Exceptional Leave to Remain. This has been replaced with ‘Humanitarian Protection’ and ‘Discretionary Leave’.
For more information on the rights of Refugees, please see separate sheet A6 ‘Refugees and Asylum Seekers - Fees and Awards’
Access to Learning Fund
If you meet the residence and immigration status requirements for an Award you will also be eligible to apply to the Access to Learning Fund if you are facing severe financial difficulty.
For more information, please see separate information sheet B3 ‘Extra Money?’ and the DfES booklet ‘Financial Support for Higher Education Students’, available from the Counselling and Advice Service.
If you have any further queries about the information in the sheet, please make an appointment with a Student Adviser.
If you would prefer this information in a different format, please contact the service
Student Advisers, June 2005
While every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information contained herein, the University of Westminstercan accept no responsibility for errors or omissions
© Counselling and Advice Service, University of Westminster

Boz Baral
19th May 2008, 10:14
Try Welsh university who charge home student fees for Gurkha childresn:

http://icwales.icnetwork.co.uk/news/wales-news/2008/04/26/welsh-uni-first-to-slash-fees-for-children-of-gurkhas-91466-20822843/

good luck.

Boz

----------------------------------------------------------

I was looking for home fee university/college in the uk as a student for an ILE(Indefinite Leave or Entry) holder[/b].

Guys advise me for list of the colleges that provides the service.

have a nice day!

:)

316tkr
19th May 2008, 10:52
thank you very much

hanuman23
27th May 2008, 18:45
how is life and job in wales . any nepalese student in this universtiy???

316tkr
27th May 2008, 21:41
since home student is valid from this year, the next semester we will see some nepalis in this university, but there may be many going to this college for the following semester

centralia2006
15th July 2008, 23:56
thanks guys~ i applied in so many university but got rejected . . hopefully this university will grant me. .

dambar
16th July 2008, 00:22
Have you checked entry requirement before applying the course? Choose the course which you are eligible to enter and have enough UCAS points. If you have low grade, choose less popular subject and place.

Dambar

centralia2006
16th July 2008, 00:33
well i have applied in birbeck university of london and got admitted in the same subject that i m about to apply in this university of wales. .. however, i was studying in america too but had to come to uk. i studied in all sort of college doing my undergarduate program but wasn't reallie keen in studyin in college coz of lack of good education. . do u think it's gooing to hamper in application ?

hanuman23
16th July 2008, 01:04
hey centralia maite....

i am doing my undergrad here in US and recently i am planning to move uk coz of this ILE and all..anyway.. i feel what you are going through man..ani .. i hope you got that home fees for that birberk univ.. well, what about UWIC at wales, i hear they are planning to provide home fees for ILE walas..check it out.

just my thought..

centralia2006
16th July 2008, 05:12
dont waste ur time coming here brb unless u sort credit transfer and all from states or finish ur studies .. its kinda hard. was lost and stil llost coming here however, hopefully things will work out. that's all i hope for .. gud luck

316tkr
19th May 2010, 18:28
GOOd luck Lost bro.......I am trying to go back to usa.......

fake-nepali
19th May 2010, 21:46
ILE holder may not be qualified to home student fee if they have not been in uk for 3 years

If you are gurkhas children, apply brunel university which is in london and you will be qualified to home student fee.

316tkr
20th May 2010, 21:44
thanks........