PDA

View Full Version : Nepali calligraphy for a quilt

Paper-Rosie
5th December 2008, 17:11
Can anyone help please? I am making a quilt as a gift for a Nepali living in this country. I normally add a small piece on the back of my quilts along the lines of "John's Quilt" and then some other appropriate words and the date. I can transfer a jpeg image onto fabric and wondered if anyone would be kind enough to write this in Nepali characters for me? I think it would mean a lot to this person. Many thanks

manepali
6th December 2008, 21:06
do you mean, "john's quilt"/"john's duvet" in nepali?? if so then here we go..

जोनको सिरक

if else pls let me know

Paper-Rosie
7th December 2008, 06:34
Thank you SO much :-) However I was using John as an example - the guy's name is Sumon. Could you possibly do me "Sumon's Quilt" ATS 2009
I am really very grateful. If it's easier to send a file then let me know and I'll give you an email address.

manepali
9th December 2008, 18:34
Sumon's quilt 2009

सुमोनको सिरक

(optional)
If it's "nepali name" suman's quilt 2009
सुमनको सिरक

if you need them in even bigger or in different font you can send me your email. bye

Paper-Rosie
10th December 2008, 16:24
thank you very much :-)

outspoken
11th December 2008, 21:59
Just want to point out, it's worth verifying the translation. I'm sure manepali means well, and understands that on the Internet that things should be verified. Afterall you wouldn't want to screw it up. My Nepali isn't great, but I stared at this for about 20secs to test my Nepali, and I can verify it is right.

: - )

Paper-Rosie
15th December 2008, 20:12
You too are most kind :-) I now only have do the hand-quilting - about 200 hours worth - and it will be ready to present. I'm aiming for Jan 5th. If you'd like a photograph emailed just let me know.

outspoken
15th December 2008, 21:24
Sure, good luck, I'm sure it will look great when your complete.

Let us know how you get on.

manepali
19th December 2008, 22:10
Yes, email would be nice.
Thanks