PDA

View Full Version : Isn't this a Discrimination

djhaku
20th July 2009, 14:33
In a JOB section, there is a vacancy from OMITSOLUTIONS which says that female are given priority.

Isn't this a discrimination?

I am thinking of suing Nepalisamajuk for posting it.

narayanbdr
20th July 2009, 15:25
Hello brother, it definately sounds discrimination. I use to see these type of advert only in Nepal. But why suing Nepalisamajuk?????//// Consider suing OMITSOLUTIONS if you got the B***s.

djhaku
20th July 2009, 15:48
hello narayanbdr,

its not about having b***s.
i will sue Nepalisamajuk because this has been advertise in this forum. If it was BBC, I will be suing BBC - who ever advertises that individaul will be and should be and is responsible.

Bhavisahya ko Pradhanmantri bole paschi boliyo....
napalisamajUK lai sue garchu bahne parch sue gari chadchha...
mero boli ra banduk ko goli eauta sara ho....
khola baru farkincha..
yo chai..ah ha!

narayanbdr
20th July 2009, 16:23
Hami pani heraula, Kis me kitna hai dum.

Bro, don't forget this is a public forum.

ssudin
20th July 2009, 18:03
djhaku,
go and sue them, whatelse you can do, looser?

atleast people can connect to several friends via this website
enjoy watching event pictures
free immigration help from raju dai, hats off
learning about Nepalese events, great work.

These people has done good job, so appreciate them, ADVICE them not ki thinkin of SUING them.

nepalisamajuk, dont worry about these sort of loosers, who cant do nothing "Kasle ho afno ghar pani bhatkauncha re ani aru ko pani banauna dinna re bhantheo....."

knight
21st July 2009, 00:27
That is not discrimination. I have seen even top british companies saying that women are encouraged to apply and given priority. Particuarly in engineering sectors because the number of women are comparitively lower. I don't think he can sue somebody on the ground that they give priority to women.

djhaku
23rd July 2009, 15:22
Hello Mr ssudin,

I think this is how you spell LOSER and its not LOOSER.

And hello NarayanBDR,
Nepali UK ma basera pani DHOTI ko sangat chute chaina jasto cha. Harif dhoti bhasa bolne rayecha.
Are you trying to say WHO'S FATHER WHAT VITAMIN?

I salute you for that.

outspoken
23rd July 2009, 22:58
Posters of Nepalisamajuk forum,

This is not the way to react.

Do you realise you're all just fighting amongst each other, and not actually making any logical progressive point. Sounds like something else I see only in Nepal : - )

Firstly, Nepalisamajuk can't be 'sued' as I doubt they have any screening process in place for posting jobs, which is fine for a forum like this as trust is given to the poster to take advantage of the coverage and readership this forum provides. I suspect it is something more legal like and formal is described in the terms and conditions to explain our usage of this forum. Sadly, some people won't use their common sense, and we or Nepalisamajuk should just politely say a few words. There is no point in one bad apple trying to spoil the freedoms we have in this forum. So let's be sensible : - )

In response to knight, in my opinion, I think the post is phrased as discriminating to males. Maybe someone with a legal background could expand on that. If 1000 applicants apply and 1 of the applicants is female, what is the fairer assessment here, judge by ability to do the job or have a preference for females? Clearly having a preference for females is just plain wrong. Neither is a preference to males correct either.

The point made about lack of women in engineering and technology based jobs, I come from an IT/engineering background myself, and organisations would 'never' phrase their recruitment campaigns as 'females preferred' because it's legally unacceptable and probably legally wrong. However, like knight says, stating that women, disabled people, ethnic minorities, etc, are 'encouraged' to apply is perfectly acceptable is I think you're just targeting a particular group of people to apply in industries and jobs that they were traditionally reluctant to consider. This I don't believe is not discriminatory it's 'encouraging' more people to apply.

Use your words wisely, they can cause fights you know : - ). Just get a second opinion when your indoubt.

P.S. To the poster of the job advert...is a man capable of doing the job your advertise? Or is this some cunning plan for something we don't know about ;-)

suraj
24th July 2009, 05:26
hi djhaku,
forget about sueing nepalisamajuk or someone else because both of you will suffer financially and
mentally while in legal proceedings "unnecessarily". then who benefits? you or nepalisamajuk?

when i said "unnecessarily" means - nepalisamajuk probably copied the email or letter received from omitsolutions exactly the same way it posted the advert. so you will not have any valid points firstly.

so let's try to undertand, waste no time and resolve the situation.
it wrote "female has more priority". this is what you called "discrimination", right?

it technically means "female has more priority in sending cv for leafleting".
this means simply priority is given to female for applying but it did not write men can not apply.
that's what i can see there. what is your argument point, djhaku?

secondly, as OUTSPOKEN mentioned before,
there is a terms and condition every forum member must abide by that says:
"Furthermore, you agree to indemnify and hold harmless the owners of this forum, any related websites to this forum, its staff, and its subsidiaries. The owners of this forum also reserve the right to reveal your identity (or any other related information collected on this service) in the event of a formal complaint or legal action arising from any situation caused by your use of this forum."
so, dear djhaku, now think and move your step wisely.
(suraj)

ssudin
24th July 2009, 18:26
Hello Mr ssudin,

I think this is how you spell LOSER and its not LOOSER.

And hello NarayanBDR,
Nepali UK ma basera pani DHOTI ko sangat chute chaina jasto cha. Harif dhoti bhasa bolne rayecha.
Are you trying to say WHO'S FATHER WHAT VITAMIN?

I salute you for that.

hey djhaku,
however i spell whether LOOSER or LOSER thats makes no difference, still you are LOSER/LOOSER.

Could you translate this in english aswell, like you did that for vitamin:
Kasle ho afno ghar pani bhatkauncha re ani aru ko pani banauna dinna

djhaku
24th July 2009, 19:06
Hey Ssudin,

Thanks for calling me a LOSER sorry my bad LOOSER - hahahah
Then that makes you a TOSSER

And as of your request I have translated the following for you.
Kasle ho afno ghar pani bhatkauncha re ani aru ko pani banauna dinna = SSUDIN

If all this causes you any inconvieninece please do not hesitate to contact me.

Ciao

outspoken
24th July 2009, 21:34
djhaku - your providing no value to this subject. Nor is anyone who is encouraging fighting talk in the forum. However, its good to see some people are making a positive contribution.

I would request the Nepalisamajuk mods to observe this thread.

outspoken.

sukul_gunda
23rd August 2009, 23:59
So Djhaku, have you sued NepaliSamajUK? What is taking you so long? Having trouble finding a lawyer for an idiotic case, such as the one you are barking on about?

Deshmon Rai
27th August 2009, 00:22
In a JOB section, there is a vacancy from OMITSOLUTIONS which says that female are given priority.

Isn't this a discrimination?

I am thinking of suing Nepalisamajuk for posting it.

Why are they saying women are given priority? Are there reasons? But yes technically it is discrimination due to the fact that the advert you quoted sugested a preference for a certain gender.

calvingrng
3rd September 2009, 02:02
Is this topic over or still on run coz ; a person whoever comes up with a word discrimination not only judge one's personal attitute but also invite enemy.

To the very first question I asked ;Which planet you are living bro?I am not sure you are from other planet that men are still given priority. Bro..those epic ages are over[finished]. This day Beauty and the Beast rules. If you are gal and ofcourse beautiful you are ON. If you are beast and knows how to play real game. You rule. Those days were different where men are given priority; female are counted as house hold item and sex slave. This is abroad and even back in nepal those days almost over except remote. Capi..like kathmandu in todays generation do not hold anymore household item. Do not blame "Discrimination"

Getting a job is your problem. Is your CV upto dated. Have you got enough qualification under your belt that you qualify for the job you have recently applied? Last not the least experience, coz under no circumstances any company wanted to hire any candidates who is novice. In other word, waste of time. They need to train you,pay you...Abroad life as such.....You work you get paid....

Well enough for the time being...apology extended if you are upset

Regards,
Calvin Grng