PDA

View Full Version : About Ex- Gurkhas

gjivan
21st December 2009, 23:54
Before some days in kantipur Newspaper, a news was published stating that ministry of nepal is gonna act formally with UK gov for the equal rights and services to ex-gurkhas as like goras, from equality in pensions payment, residential visas etc. THere was written that from coming April 2010, the pensions will be equal as like goras? Now my query is that, how much authentic this news is?
And my dad is also ex-gurkha before 1997. My age is 23 yrs and studying B.pharma momentarily. So how much chances of me to come UK via my dad's way apart from regular student visa is possible? I wanna come via my dad cz i have heard of getting scholarship in universities to ex-gurkhas progenies. And what steps should i have to act to fulfill the criteria declared by gov. of UK? waiting for replies.....
Gratitude in advance!!!

outspoken
22nd December 2009, 07:23
First step, don't call native British ex-soldiers 'gora' in a public forum (or anywhere infact). It's a bit on the offensive side. Show you are a good citizen : - )

kapa
22nd December 2009, 21:02
Well if that is true then its okay. Very good news, very good indeed. ;D

knight
23rd December 2009, 05:10
Before some days in kantipur Newspaper, a news was published stating that ministry of nepal is gonna act formally with UK gov for the equal rights and services to ex-gurkhas as like goras, from equality in pensions payment, residential visas etc. THere was written that from coming April 2010, the pensions will be equal as like goras? Now my query is that, how much authentic this news is?
And my dad is also ex-gurkha before 1997. My age is 23 yrs and studying B.pharma momentarily. So how much chances of me to come UK via my dad's way apart from regular student visa is possible? I wanna come via my dad cz i have heard of getting scholarship in universities to ex-gurkhas progenies. And what steps should i have to act to fulfill the criteria declared by gov. of UK? waiting for replies.....
Gratitude in advance!!!

Well gjivan,

I think i know you. I believe it is better to ask raju dai in legal matter rather than in sajha corner.

gjivan
24th December 2009, 02:19
First step, don't call native British ex-soldiers 'gora' in a public forum (or anywhere infact). It's a bit on the offensive side. Show you are a good citizen : - )

Well Gjivan is sorry if anyone is being hurted by the terminology 'gora'. My intention was not to hurt no one. BTW, if we talk about offensive behavior, we can calculate DISCRIMINATION also one part of that and everyone know GURKHAS are being discriminated in every aspects by the GOV of UK. Our fore-fathers has flows the same sweat and blood as like native army but arising various reasons ( almost typically worthless), they are discriminating. This might be because of our poor nation and skeletal government. But the step has been taken authentically by Gov. Of nepal which is optimistic too.

Gratitude in advance!!!

Well gjivan,

I think i know you. I believe it is better to ask raju dai in legal matter rather than in sajha corner.

Knight! i dont know if we are known to one another . anyway thankx for the reply but where i can find Raju dai?

outspoken
25th December 2009, 14:47
Irrespective of the situation, there is no need to stoop to such terminology otherwise you only end up being as low as the other side. Like I say, be a good a citizen (whatever your cause) : - )

gjivan
27th December 2009, 23:57
Irrespective of the situation, there is no need to stoop to such terminology otherwise you only end up being as low as the other side. Like I say, be a good a citizen (whatever your cause) : - )

Dont wanna discuss in this issue but saying "gora" doesn't necessarily mean to hurt their sentiments and if u r nepali, u would undt or u rn't trying to undt. If saying gora medals me bad person and bad citizen as well....i will accept that instead of being discriminated...THankx you!!!

dambar
28th December 2009, 18:35
Hi Out spoken!
Why are you forcing Gjivan to shut this topic down? I do not see it is offensive to write gora. I am sure it is very normal to address gora for British counterpart and Gurkha for Nepali in the community of Gurkha British army.

kapa
28th December 2009, 21:48
Don't say "Khairay Bhadaar" that offensive, well "Gora" kind of not offensive word. Like African American people mentioned them as a "white" in there own community. Like we are known as 'Red people". You can say "British" instead. Anglo british are crossbreed so they are known widely as "Anglo". No offense there at all. What we origin from doesnot include being racist or offensive. Its Natural. However, you are living among them, in there community and within there government rule. Well that make situation difficult too. Even if you didnt mean offense, outspoken mean to respect rather then be in trouble. You can even say "English Man" ;D

Dont fight over this issue guys. Both of you are not wrong so that makes you both on same side.
Happy new year and Goodluck to you all.

outspoken
30th December 2009, 00:54
Hi Out spoken!
Why are you forcing Gjivan to shut this topic down? I do not see it is offensive to write gora. I am sure it is very normal to address gora for British counterpart and Gurkha for Nepali in the community of Gurkha British army.

LoL ... since when did I quote shutting the topic down? Just expressing my view...

...may the thread continue..