PDA

View Full Version : job

maan
17th March 2010, 03:48
I have applied for the PSW(post study work), so searching any kind of job and anywhere in the UK. Any Nepali sahuji or anybody elase- if in need of a man pls let me know.

maan
2nd April 2010, 03:54
no response, pls give some ideas, have got PSW but no job...

lovenepalalways
3rd April 2010, 11:03
mann, job for PSW is really difficult. It would be more focused to give advise if you could give details of your academic background and work experience (if applicable). As per my experience, many good companies do not even take application from candidates with PSW visa. This is for proper job in good companies like IBM. if you are looking for some casual job, it might work. Do you qualify for Tier 1(General) visa? If you do, try for that visa because that give you much more opportunities. But still....to get more focused advice, please mention about your background first.

maan
3rd April 2010, 22:39
lovenepalalways, Thanks for the response
About my experience and academic background in brief- I completed MA in International Relations, previously I was working in a news media for about 5 years (In Nepal). I think getting a professional job is nearly impossible here, so I am thinking to return, having said all this its few days only I got psw...so would like to try few months...plus want to make some money while I stay here.....currently completely jobless....

lovenepalalways
4th April 2010, 06:55
Hi Mann,
I completely understand what you are trying now. Though you are planning to return Nepal, you are thinking of making some good money and go back. Believe me dude, it is not that easy specially for well qualified person like you. But if you really want to work on anything, I saw some notice on Primark saying they have vacancy for shop assistants. You may try that one.

As per your background, you seem to have good background but you probably know nothing works here unless you have right visa. If I were you, I would go back to Nepal and apply for Tier 1 (General) visa. As you have worked before in Nepal, you can get good points and I hope you will get enough points for this visa. If you get Tier 1 (General), you will surely have much more opportunities. Also the duration of the visa will be 3 years which is much longer than PSW. You can get ILR after 5 years through Tier 1. If you want any help with Tier 1 (general) VISA, please feel free to let me know as I applied the visa on my own without support of any consultancies so know lot more now.

Other option is to look work in Nepal. As you have International relations and academic background of UK, you will surely have advantage over other candidates.

I will be happy to help you.

maan
7th April 2010, 18:11
lovenepalalways,
Thank you very much for your genuine and honest advice, its really appreciable!
As of now, I don’t have any intention to be settled here or getting ILR…..Now I have determined that I will make some money by whatever work I get(forgetting my experience and qualifications), and go back..and start again in media or any work as per my qualifications or experience, In the meantime, I will be applying for relevant jobs in Nepal or anywhere in the world.If my degree was in Business or technical sector it would work here, but my degree is sell-able in developing countries, getting a good work is very very slim.
What u people think ..lets share our ideas….

england_hotmale
8th April 2010, 11:45
;D,,,, maan uncle,,,, suva din,,,,,,, jaya nepal,,,,

I understand your feelings, n your situation, but,,,,parantu,,,, lekin ,, kyuki ,, tara
don;t take any quick decision which will make u to regret in future,,,,,,,, ???

Though your intention is not to settle here or getting ILR,, But in my opinion,,,, TRY TO GET ILR ,, TRY YOUR BEST,, DON;T GIVE UP... u know why,,, it will benefit for your future ,,, :P I know u r capable n well educated but your future belongs to your kids future too.. while u get marry in future

,One day,,, May be your wife will ask n say,,( KASTO LATA BUDA , UK GAYERA NI ID BANAYENA, CHORA CHORI LAI HUNTHIYO NI,,),,,n tht day may be u will regret,,,,,, ;D

NEPAL gayera,, developing country gayera ;D JA-GIR ;D(GO N JUMP)KO KHOJIMA aru baki JAWANI ;D :o NABITAUNUS,.yaha dherai educated manche ni bhada majna kaam ko khojima bhatki rakheko chan,,,kina,,,because its worth .
,,, Without any source N FORCE,,,, ;D,,NEITHER U GET WAITER JOB IN LONDON NOR ANY RELATED FIELD JOB IN NEPAL,,, ;D
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,PLS KINDLY READ MY NEW TOPIC FOR PSW FUTURE,,,,,,,,,
;D.....REALITYBITES,,, :o................sometime in life u have to sacrifice for your better future, tht;s why we all nepalese r here in UK ;D.. Whether resturent sauji or any new student..
,,,,, ;D,,,,,,LONDON LIFE BUSY LIFE, DOG LIFE,,,,,,WORK.,,,HOME...WORK,, LIFE WILL END THT WAY,, NO SOCIAL LIFE,,,, ;D
......................JUST SHARE MY IDEAS LOL,,,,,,,,,,PROUD 2B PAKHE(ENGLAND_HOTMALE) ;D

maan
8th April 2010, 17:29
hotmale vaiz, thanks so much for ur ideas....hope to be in touch.....