Thread: Tier 4 student's dependent - visa issue

Tier 4 student's dependent - visa issue

Is it true that Tire 4 students' (Diploma course, level 5) dependents are not allowed to work? I just saw visas and on student it says 'allowed to work 10 hrs' and on dependent 'prohibited to work'.
    I couldn't find the information on homeoffice website, could you please let me know if you know anything about this and possibly a web link?

Many thanks in advance.

Jenish,
    Oxford

Re: Tier 4 student's dependent - visa issue

students who are studying at below university degree level who apply for visas on/after 6 April 2010 will be able to work for up to 10 hours per week during termtime (previously they could work up to 20 hours)
    - students taking a course of less than 6 months will not be able to bring dependents to the UK
    - students taking a course of over 6 months at below university degree level will be able to bring dependents, but these dependents will not be allowed to work in the UK
    - students can only study a course below university degree level at a school which is on a new list called the Highly Trusted Sponsors List (to be introduced on 6 April 2010)

More on this pdf
    http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/si...df?view=Binary

Regards

Diploma level 5 is below Bacherlor's degree

Thank you for the link and information Ciderkid!

But, is it not true that Diploma Level 5 is equivalent to the 1st year of University degree course? This will then lead to Diploma Level 6 which is also equivalent to the 2nd year of the University degree?

Jenish,
    Oxford

Jenish, i think level 5 is a foundation degree...before u start ur degree???
    check this wikki
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nationa...ions_Framework

Yes, some students require to do 1 year Foundation before starting undergraduate degree. But I not too sure if Level 5 Diploma is equivalent to the Foundation year. I was told by the college that it is the 1st year (after Foundation year) of the undergraduate degree.