Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: I lost my nepalese passport with ILR recently

  1. #1

    I lost my nepalese passport with ILR recently

    hello jenish dai!
    I lost my nepalese passport with ILR recently when I was about to apply for british passport.I have been in country for more than five years. someone stole it.. I called up home office and also went to local check centre if I needed to make a new Nepalese passport again and apply for ILR to apply for British Passport. they clearly told me that I do not need as long as I have some documents with me proving my stay in UK for last five years as they have information about me in their central database.

    they said I need a letter from home office. I donot remember having one from home office before when I applied it. I want to get a new one but I called them up today and they said, they cannot do it as their was fraud before. I am also not sure what to do now! even if i apply for new nepalese passport and apply for ilr, its not point as they will have the date that of being issued this year , not in 2006.

    there has to be a way for it. Can you suggest me ?

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Hello there,

    Firstly I would report to the police and get the paper work done. You should have a letter from the UKBA along with your ILR, stating that they have granted you ILR and you shouldn't be outside UK for more than 2 years etc. I am 100% sure that they will send you a letter along with ILR.

    You don't need to send your passport to apply for British citizenship as long as the documents are checked by the local authority (Nationality Checking Service). Do you have a photocopy of your passport? I think, you should go to your NCS along with all your documents and police report. If you mange to convince them you should get your British passport without applying for a new Nepali passport.


  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    I am in the same situation. Any anybody please advice me on what do next and where to contact whom as i have no idea. Your help would be much appreciated. Thank you.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts