Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: A Miscarriage of Justice and Demand for Immidiate Amar Bahadur Bam Release

Yes, it is 'outspoken'-It is heartbreaking! He thinks Nepali people will help him.

This video show he does exist, he is not an Internet meme made for sharing, passing, commenting, clicking a 'Like' button and forgetting about it after day or two. He is like you and me with hopes and dreams for a better future. However, the only difference is he is fighting for his life. This poor soul is clinging desperately to a thread hoping Nepali brothers and sisters will help him end this nightmare but ALAS!
    I am deeply sadden to experience the level of ignorance shown by the most Nepali people, Nepali Government and Nepali Corporations.
    It is to let you know that I've also, contacted most viral person Lex Limbu and 'NepaliPatra' but no response from them, either.
    Thank you for making this thread going
    With kind regards,
    Sincerely,
    Last edited by Mark; 21st August 2012 at 08:11.

Try to also get support from outside the Nepalese community, rightly or wrongly, the embassy will take more notice if they think support for this is more widespread than Nepalese people alone.

Someone before mentioned a Facebook page, if you do this make sure everyone with links outside the Nepalese community uses them effectively, so that you have a multinational petition that can be put forward, this will cause more reputational concern for the embassy in question than if the petition is Nepalese only.

Injustice should be fought by all. If communities can come together they will achieve more.

Ninniku Dojo

Hello Ninniku Dojo,
    Yes, ideally, it would be more effective if people from all walks of life come together for this unfortunate man. However, things do not work like that, unfortunately.
    First, we need to concentrate on people who are around us, once we gather them then we can make a louder noise so others can hear us and may join us. 'Charity begins at home', and we will not give up on this innocent man and keep fighting for his freedom.

Thank you for your contribution!
    With kind regards,
    Sincerely

Mark,

This could be next Kony 2012 viral video, how about you take all the material you have from youtube, and your knowledge of this case and create a more striking video that is easily digestable by everyone. Easier said than done I know. But impact is needed.

Edit: There's lots of good folks who can help out with technical work putting a video together, just make your request known.
    Last edited by outspoken; 21st August 2012 at 18:56.

Yes, please! 'outspoken'! I would like people to come forward to help putting together clips, images and make an effective video demanding Amar Bahadur Bam release.

Every night when we go back to our family, comfortable bed lets just remember this poor man who has been forced to live rest of his life without his family and friends.

Help him because it is URGENT Matter!
    Thank you for your contribution,
    With kind regards,
    Sincerely,

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    IT IS URGENT!!! THIS IS LIFE AND DEATH SITUATION!!!!! WE CAN'T JUST SIT WITH OUR FRIENDS AND FAMILIES, CLOSE OUR EYES AND EARS AND PRETEND THAT WE CANNOT DO ANYTHING!!!! YES, WE CAN MAKE A HUGE DIFFERENCE!!!

WOULD YOU JUST WALK PASSED IF YOU SEE A MAN LYING ON THE STREET AND BEGGING FOR HIS LIFE OR WOULD YOU JUST DO NOTHING IF IT WAS YOUR BROTHER, COUSIN, SON, HUSBAND AND FRIEND????

PLEASE LETS COME TOGETHER, SHOW OUR UNITY, PROTEST PEACEFULLY IN-FRONT OF UAE EMBASSY, SOUTH KENSINGTON, LONDON AND HELP OUR NEPALI BROTHER TRAPPED IN A DIRE SITUATION. HE HAS BEEN LOCKED UP IN JAIL FOR A CRIME HE DID NOT COMMIT BUT NOBODY IS LISTENING TO HIM DO YOU THINK BECAUSE HE IS FROM A POOR COUNTRY??????

An innocent Nepalese citizen. Mr. Amar Bahadur Bam of case no. 690/2003 has been in Al Abira Central Jail in Dubai, UAE, for at least 10 years for the crime he did not commit (murder of Sharad Shetty, who is of Indian origin).

Mr.Amar Bahadur Bam was simply asked to drive them around Dubai unaware that his passengers were plotting a murder. He is sentenced to 10 years in jail despite presenting the hand written statement (nepalassociation.net/amardocs.html) to the judge by Manoj Mundano Kukyan (one of the two murders who have confessed killing) stating that Mr. Amar Bahadur Bam is innocence man and it clearly says that Mr.Amar Bahadur Bam was unaware of their murder plot.

Please HELP this Poor Soul as Soon As Possible, Please!!! We need to organise a demonstration in front of UAE Embassy in London as soon as possible.

================================================== ===================

And this information http://www.ekantipur.com/the-kathman...am/234569.html please update me clearly about this case. Your above information mentioned that he is jailed for 10 year and kathmandu post mentioned about death penalty.

However, I am glad to inform you all that I brought OHCHR council attention for this case today and Dubai, UAE OHCHR office is on investigation.

However, I didn't knew about this or else I would have acted sooner. Sorry been busy around UN council session so I didn't log into this forum.

Don't worry, I will personally monitor from my side into this.

But please please can you clear what is the real case from above two statements.

Goodnight
    There is program in World Food Programme. All the UN officials and volunteers started this to feed every 4 children with just $1 (www dot wfp dot org/donate/fillthecup) hope you join it.

Hello Kapa V.3,
    Thank you for assurance and taking this matter on your own hand. I do not have either direct contact with Amar Bahadur Bam or have full access to his case details. I have picked up this unfortunate man's case over the Internet and I was shocked to learn that he has been locked up in the Middle East Jail since 2003 and it has never been picked up by Nepali Media or the Nepali Government.

As far as I know he is on death row for 'helping' the two Indian men murdering another Indian man. According to Amar Bahadur Bam he was simply asked to drive them around on that fatal day and he drove them around unaware of their intentions.

Amar Bahadur Bam was recruited as a driver in India by these two Indian men who eventually went onto killing a fellow Indian man. Apparently, according to the Arab media the two guy have some sort of connections with Mumbai Bombing.

Looks like Amar Bahadur Bam is just happen to be an unlucky man (it could be anybody) and they used him seeing him just an average nice, simple, humble Nepali man. However, after they have been sentenced one of the guy wrote a supporting statement for Amar Bahadur Bam clarifying that Amar Bahadur Bam has nothing to do with the murder but despite the statement Amar Bahadur Bam is still in jail and nobody is listening to him. He has signed a paper written in Arabic and didn't know what he was signing for and he can't speak English properly either.

That is all I know for this moment.

He need to be released and it is grossly wrong to keep an innocent man in jail for that long. He needs to be out as soon as possible.
    Thank you
    With kind regards,
    Sincerely
    Last edited by Mark; 23rd August 2012 at 13:37.

Good morning

Thank you mark, that is all I needed. I will pursue this case. I'll see if I can pull some string around. I will update all of you when the time is right.

May god help us all.
    There is program in World Food Programme. All the UN officials and volunteers started this to feed every 4 children with just $1 (www dot wfp dot org/donate/fillthecup) hope you join it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kapa v.3 View Post

However, I am glad to inform you all that I brought OHCHR council attention for this case today and Dubai, UAE OHCHR office is on investigation.

However, I didn't knew about this or else I would have acted sooner. Sorry been busy around UN council session so I didn't log into this forum.

Appreciate Kapa

Niken

That is wonderful! Kapa V.3 our prayers are with you! May God Grant You Success! In the meantime we will try organising demonstration here inforn of UAE Embassy, London demanding Amar Bahadur Bam's immediate release.
    God Bless!
    With kind regards,
    Sincerely,