Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tier 2 dependent and english language requirement

Hybrid View

Tier 2 dependent and english language requirement

Dear Sir,

I have a Tier 2 (General) UK visa and have been working in UK for the last 1 year as an Engineer. Is my spouse (who is currently back home in Nepal) required to take an English language test in order to apply for the Dependent visa? If yes, could you please furnish the details of the test that needs to be taken ?

I heard that the dependent needs to take an English test and exceed level A1 of Common European Framework of reference. What are the test-options available in Nepal that meet/exceed the level A1 of CEFR ?

Regards,

English language test is not required for Tier 2 (General) dependent.

Thanks sakar,
    but how do you know that the English language test is not required for Tier 2 dependent visa application ?
    Is it your experience or is there something written somewhere(may be in UKBA website) ?

I was also wondering if the photocopy of my passport to be submitted along with the application needs to be attested or not !

Hi Ranji

Its my experience and i have submitted my passport photocopy without attesting. The documents i submitted was:

1) Payslips 3 month [original]
    2) Bank statement 3 month [original]
    3) Flat rent agreement [copy]
    4) Passport [copy]
    5) Visa [copy]
    6) Letter from the company

The documents dependent submitted was:
    1) Marriage certificate [original in Nepali]
    2) Marriage certificate [translated in English]
    3) Marriage pictures [few]
    she hasn't even submitted her educational qualifications.

That's what i remember now and i hope this will be helpful for you. Let me know if you need more information.

Thanks again Sakar,

That was pretty elaborate reply and to my full satisfaction. I just hope that the UKBA visa rules/regulations/criteria haven't changed since the time you applied. I am planning to make the application in the first week of coming January.

Thanks & Regards

Quote Originally Posted by Ranij View Post
    Thanks again Sakar,

That was pretty elaborate reply and to my full satisfaction. I just hope that the UKBA visa rules/regulations/criteria haven't changed since the time you applied. I am planning to make the application in the first week of coming January.

Thanks & Regards
    Hi Ranij,
    Just wondering if things went okay with your dependent application without the English language requirement. I am also in the process of preparing documentation for my wife. Could you please list documents etc you submitted and if there were any issues?
    thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lostintime View Post
    Hi Ranij,
    Just wondering if things went okay with your dependent application without the English language requirement. I am also in the process of preparing documentation for my wife. Could you please list documents etc you submitted and if there were any issues?
    thanks

Things went very well and its already more than 1 year - English test was not required at all. All the required documents have been listed above in earlier conversation. However, I am not much aware of the recent changes.Further to that, I think you are aware of the NHS surchage that has been recently introduced ! Please check the www.gov.uk/visas-immigration , https://www.immigration-health-surch...k/checker/type; : https://www.immigration-health-surch.../payment/start.

Quote Originally Posted by sakar View Post
    Hi Ranji

Its my experience and i have submitted my passport photocopy without attesting. The documents i submitted was:

1) Payslips 3 month [original]
    2) Bank statement 3 month [original]
    3) Flat rent agreement [copy]
    4) Passport [copy]
    5) Visa [copy]
    6) Letter from the company

The documents dependent submitted was:
    1) Marriage certificate [original in Nepali]
    2) Marriage certificate [translated in English]
    3) Marriage pictures [few]
    she hasn't even submitted her educational qualifications.

That's what i remember now and i hope this will be helpful for you. Let me know if you need more information.

Apart from the Marriage certificate( Original and notary translated copy), do I need to submit "नाता प्रमाडित्" and its translated copy also ?

I didn't submit nata pramadit...its upto you but i don't think its necessary. Marriage itself is a relation isn't it?

Thanks again Sakar, your answers were really helpful all throughout the process. How long did it take to get the visa in your case ?