Thread: New in uk

New in uk

My husband and I recently came to UK about 3 days ago. I am a student pursuing my masters in nursing and my husband is on dependent visa. Professionally he is a pastry chef. He has experience working in five star hotels in Nepal. We have applied for NI and they have given us the reference number. We are waiting to receive forms from them so we can fill it out and send them back. I am a registered nurse from USA and we would really appreciate if you guys could help us regarding how we can change our visa category here. We are thinking of settling down here. Please guide us. Thank you very much.

.................Happy new yr and ......welcome to hell...

Hope all is well.. As u said you doing masters in nursing.... Pls kindly finish your masters first .It will benefit you in future to settle down through TIER 2.
    As u know nothing is free in this country except NEPALISAMAJUK advice and Good morning........Make sure u both start saving from today . It will give u big relief in future to get TIER 2.

Tell your husband to find the job asap and make a proper plan and saving..... anyone can earn money here but hardly few save for future.

I don;t want to see u again you both after master to ask money from back home for your future..

If I get anything anywhere I love to help you to find the job.

once again welcome and enjoy london life

Proud 2b pakhe
    england_hotmale

Welcome to UK and definitely not a hell.

As hotmale suggested, please complete your master at first place which will help you in tier 2 afterwards which is the possible way for you to extend your stay in the UK. You have got a lot to learn about the system. So keep calm and complete your study.

All the best. By the way hotmale is the way he is pls don't find his comments offensive.
    niken

Thank you both of you for your clear explanation regarding how we can change status here after completing my studies. I will work hard for it and keep u guys updated regarding the same. Currently my husband is looking for jobs sending out his resumes online on different hotels as he has experience working in five star hotels. Professionally he is a pastry chef. Any help on finding jobs would be really appreciable. We are looking for jobs around Harrow. Thank you all

Milan

Welcome to UK, It is still the best place to complete any education around the world.
    Regarding your husband work hopefully he will get it soon.
    And as a Registerd nurse the oppurtunity for you is also huge.
    Good luck.
    Last edited by milan; 8th January 2014 at 15:30.

Patan,

Welcome to UK

Do not worry. 1 step at a time and i believe everything will pan out with time. Finding job is not that difficult for your husband if he looks for job in nepalese/indian/bangladeshi restaurants. I believe if you are doing the msc then you will get the placement in the hospital which will help you for your survival. if you can manage to register yourself as a nurse in nursing governing body in uk, you can earn high in comparison to national minimum wage. In the mean time you can work in care home as a part time care assistant or as a part time support worker with people with learning difficulties apart from your studies. As hotmail has advised, learn to save the money for your future.

if needed further advice you can visit the forum and i believe members will be happy to help you.