Thread: legal marriage age in Nepal

legal marriage age in Nepal

Namaskar Raju Dai and all friends

I am a 25 years Nepali man with British citizenship, I am planing to marry a 18+ bellow 19 years of age Nepali girl with Nepali Passport in Nepal . I have already done the letter of No impediment from my council here in the UK,
    My confusion is just come to know, a new legal marriage age of 20 years age for a Nepali girl has been set up recently. how ever there are still a lots of marriage taking place before 20 years of age in Nepal. some individual say, even the marriage age for a Nepali women is setup 20 years, If the family parents from the both parties and the boy and girl arrange a meeting with CDO officer and provide the family agreement for the marriage, The CDO officer can authorize the Marriage.

If any one have gone through this kind of situation please advise me, and apart from marrying her in Nepal, is there any other way to bring her in UK and get marry later.

Thank you
    Naren

Get her as a fiancee visa

To apply for one, you must lodge an application via a British High Commission or Embassy outside of the UK. If you are applying for this visa from Australia or South Africa please contact our Melbourne or Cape Town offices.
    If you are engaged to someone who is settled in the UK (a permanent resident or British citizen) you may apply for a fiancé(e) visa to enter the country for the purposes of marriage.
    Requirements
    • You plan to marry within a reasonable time (usually 6 months)
    • You both plan to live together permanently after you are married as husband and wife
    • You have met each other
    • You can support and accommodate yourself without working or will be supported by your fiancé with settled status without him/her receiving help from public funds
    • You must be 16 years of age or over and your partner with the settled status must be 18 years of age or over
    Visa Conditions
    • Fiancée visas are issued for a period of six months and are awarded solely for the purpose of travelling to Britain in order to get married. Employment is strictly prohibited during this time
    • Only after marriage may the applicant apply to stay in the country beyond the 6 month period, at which time a two year permission of stay may be issued in the shape of a spousal visa. Once this visa has been granted, the prohibition on employment will then be lifted
    • After this 2 year period, a person can apply for indefinite leave to remain (ILR), often known as permanent residency in the UK, provided the couple are still living together in a subsisting relationship

or
    Get her student visa . Only apply in UNIVERSITY .

Hope it helps

PROUD 2B PAKHE

Thank you so much for your kind suggestion

As I already mentioned the legal marriage age of 20 for a Nepali girl in Nepal, If my fiancee age of 18 -19 apply for a visa to enter the UK for the purpose of marriage. will she be allowed to do so.

As I already mentioned the legal marriage age of 20 for a Nepali girl in Nepal, If my fiancee age of 18 -19 apply for a visa to enter the UK for the purpose of marriage. will she be allowed to do so.

I tried to contact British Embassy New Delhi Branch by using main Embassy telephone number which was available on the website but there was no option given to contact Visa section. So, can anyone please help me where to get the right contact number of Visa Section of New Delhi.
    Thank you.