I am settled in the UK with an indefinate leave to Remain, i am trying to bring my wife to the UK but i currently work in an English owned American Resturant as a chef and they are planning on to pay cash in hand as they are new to the business and dont have PAYE and dont pay NI for the employeer. i had a chat with the owner and stated my case of having to show a financial threshod of 18,600 per year. He suggested me that i could use the transaction of my wage an file and pay for my taxes in April as a self employer and make the application to bring my wife. has anyone gone through the situation. could you please suggest me. Thanks. i am eagerly waiting for feedback and if you'll have a lawyer that you could recommend plz do so. Thanks again.
Its a legitimate business but they simply dont go through PAYE.