Thread: Charity Gala Dinner in aid of Maiti Nepal 20 March 2016

Administrator

Charity Gala Dinner in aid of Maiti Nepal 20 March 2016

Dear Sir/Madam,
    I am contacting you with regard to the London Gala Charity Dinner and Dance being held on Sunday March 20th 2016 in aid of MAITI NEPAL, the not for profit organisation founded by Ms Anuradha Koirala to rescue young Nepalese girls from being trafficked. You may ofcourse be already aware of the work carried out by Maiti Nepal in order to protect Nepalese girls and women from crimes such as domestic violence, human trafficking, child prostitution, child labour and various other forms of exploitation. Since it was established Maiti Nepal has successfully set up transit homes, academic and medical centre to provide support to the women and children who have had no other place to go to. In 2010, Ms Koirala received the CNN ‘Hero of the Year award’ for her incredible work to rescue young girls from their traffickers. The youtube link showing Ms Koirala being honoured and the sterling work she does is attached with this email.

I was very moved by the work of Maiti Nepal to help affected Nepalese girls and women and this led me to organise and host the London charity event in my personal capacity. It gives me great pleasure to let you know that both Ms Koirala and Mr Bishwo Khadka ( Director, Maiti Nepal) have accepted my invitation to attend the event. Maiti Nepal continues to require urgent sustainable funding for rehabilitation centres, prevention programmes, hospices and halfway houses. It is my hope that the charity fundraiser , the first of its kind here for Maiti Nepal, will help raise the organisation’s profile and help it secure vital funding to be able to continue the fantastic work it does. I have scheduled it in the week after International Women’s Day in celebration of the social, economic, cultural and political achievements of women.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpMX1eSVWpY

I would therefore be very grateful if members of the Nepali Samaj Association U.K would consider attending the event to support the work of Maiti Nepal. Ticket and venue details are in the attached flyer. Please do not hesitate to contact me if you need any further information. I very much look forward to hearing from you. My tel number is : Tel: 07891 646716

THANK YOU

Very best wishes,

Shan
    Shan Maraj (Mrs)

Thanks for sharing and so happy to hear that you r helping nepal and poor nepalese who need help.
    No matter which org it is or who was CNN hero.

I personally believe whoever help our poor nepalese r the real hero and those hero don;t have to prove by getting award from CNN OR HBC .

I will try my best to share your programme to all nepalese community and try my best to attend with my few friends/family.

Proud 2b pakhe