Thread: TIER 2 General: Experienced salary rate

TIER 2 General: Experienced salary rate

Hi,

I have same question regarding this note:-
    Please note: The Home Office has announced that the minimum salary of 25,000 will rise to
    30,000 in April 2017. There will be no transitional arrangements for applicants granted between 24
    November 2016 and April 2017 - applicants who were required to meet the current minimum salary
    of 25,000, will be required to meet the higher rate if they submit a Tier 2 application after April

One question.
    Does that mean that i do not have to earn an experienced rate salary if I extend my VISA in March (My VISA expires in 14 July 2017)

kind regards
    prakash

Please note: Your company must offer you a salary of a experienced worker and that depends on your SOC code. Different SOC codes have different salary threshold.
    niken

Quote Originally Posted by niken83 View Post
    Please note: Your company must offer you a salary of a experienced worker and that depends on your SOC code. Different SOC codes have different salary threshold.
    Hi niken83. I think you didn't got my questions.
    I want to know what this statement mean?
    Please note: The Home Office has announced that the minimum salary of 25,000 will rise to
    30,000 in April 2017. There will be no transitional arrangements for applicants granted between 24
    November 2016 and April 2017 - applicants who were required to meet the current minimum salary
    of 25,000, will be required to meet the higher rate if they submit a Tier 2 application after April

Does that mean that if I apply for my TIER 2 extension before April 2017, I do not have to meet the experinced rate salary?

kind regards
    Prakash

Prakash,
    I understand it this way. If you are going to extend your tier 2 application at anytime from now, you must have experienced level salary offer.
    Now the salary threshold for both the new entrants and experienced worker for April 2017 has not been published yet. Hope it will be as low as we wanted. I heard they are going to reduce the salary criteria for IT professionals.
    niken