Thread: Visit visa

Visit visa

Hi guys, I plan to invite my elderly Nepalese parents to visit us for 5-6 months. Where do I start? What are the documentation required? And how much does it cost? This will be there first time visiting the UK so no idea where to start. Has anyone invited their parents over for a visit before. Please share your experience. Many thanks!

- Very Imp to remember. Do not attempt to present bogus income of your parents if they don't have one. They can have thier own bank balance or if you are the sponsor you can send them your bank statement.- You can write a cover letter explaining that your parents will stay with you. Send them the copy of home ownership if you have one or the tenancy agreement under your name.-Everything starts with an application form available in the website.
    niken

1. Visas and applications made outside the UKFees category Current Fee New fee from 8th October 2018 Fee ChangeVisit visa < 6 months 93 93 0Visit visa < 2 years 1 350 350 0Visit visa < 5 years 636 636 0Your UK visa/british passport/Ilr RELATIONSHIP certificate(from Nepal)Your Income/Job employment letter)Your sponsor/invitation letter)Accommodation letter(Tenancy agreement/your mortgage paper)payslip minimum 3 to 6 months.P60 option Your parents back home bank statement roughly around 6 months.Source of income for your parents(Like house rent income/any business income/pension etc)Normally British Embassy issue 6 months visa . You don;t have to mention in application form that they will stay 5/6 months. Just mention for 1 month visit.Again its all depend on your status too. If you don;t mind please mention your status. will try to get more clear advice.Hope it helps.U don;t need any agent to apply. You can apply online and print out and tell your parents to go with that and remaining documents in interview.Please Check VFS website for Nepal

Hi, thanks for your replies. They are both retired and have life-time savings. They have recently sold their house to be able to travel to few countries and visit friends and families. My concern is because they have nothing to prove that they have a property/work/business in Nepal to return to would it make it likely for the visit visa application to be rejected as it seems to be case with few Indian applicants. Ofcourse they have no intention of staying any longer than 5-6 months in the UK but I really don't know how I can convince that. My status is Tier-2 at the moment.

As long as they can show saving account in Nepal bank and your income,bank statement and accommodation . No problem

hotmale dai is right. show the savings in Nepal.
    niken