Thread: Unexpected Medical situation and Visa Extension

Unexpected Medical situation and Visa Extension

Hello,My Parents are in UK as a standard visitor on a Family visit and I am a British Citizen. Unfortunately, My father fell on the stairs and we had to take him to the Hospital. He was admitted in the Hospital for 4 days after A&E. It is diagnosed that he has a lung condition as a result of impact and is medically unfit to fly for next couple months. My parent's visa however expires next month and I need to apply for their extension. I have a couple questions and would really appreciate any help/suggestions as i am in a dilemma.1. We were not given any Bill for hospital services. Do I expect them to send an invoice after sometime ?2. I need to file for extension as my father can't fly for next couple months, but he does not require further treatment, it is just suppose to heal with time. What option do i have for extension ? Medical condition or Should I apply under Leave Outside the Rules (LOTR) ?3. If i apply for extension under medical , it says proof of paid medical expenses, but I wasn't given any invoice to be paid, any suggestion on how to deal with this ?4. Any estimate on how much the bill may be for 4 days admitted in the hospital if we are charged, just want to set the expectations for what may be coming.Thank you in advance.

Hi, Technically They will send you invoice within 1 week. There was one incidents recently in Watford. one uncle had heart attack and admitted and now discharged but they had to pay bills. Good thing is You can pay in installment. Make sure your parents had Insurance from Nepal or not if yes then whether its cover or not. Sometime In Nepal they only cover basic . If they have not done any operation then they will only send you invoce for check up bills. Yes you can apply for extension with medical ground. Its easy. Speak with Nepal dr too whether its allowed to travel or not. I mean some Nepal expert dr. If he does not require any treatment. Speak with Nepal Dr. I think he/she can travel . but please make sure.Hope it helps. If you need any more information pls do let us know. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by england_hotmale View Post
    Hi, Technically They will send you invoice within 1 week. There was one incidents recently in Watford. one uncle had heart attack and admitted and now discharged but they had to pay bills. Good thing is You can pay in installment. Make sure your parents had Insurance from Nepal or not if yes then whether its cover or not. Sometime In Nepal they only cover basic . If they have not done any operation then they will only send you invoce for check up bills. Yes you can apply for extension with medical ground. Its easy. Speak with Nepal dr too whether its allowed to travel or not. I mean some Nepal expert dr. If he does not require any treatment. Speak with Nepal Dr. I think he/she can travel . but please make sure.Hope it helps. If you need any more information pls do let us know. Thanks
    Do you know what the bill amount was ?

I think its around 7/8k and there was another incidents one lady(Holycow owner partner)parents in Morden. Dad had some serious operation and has to do within 24 hrs. they end up paying 16/18k but luckily they are paying in installement.