Thread: Unable to browse internet while connected.

Unable to browse internet while connected.

I have a Acer desk top computer with Vista and Norton 360 A/V. i am using Balkin USB for wirless. It is less then 6 month old. The problem is my computer is connected to Broadband(local & internet) but unable to surf it. I had this problem before and took to the Teckguys twice and rebooted it. Both time it worked then stoped after few weeks. i rebooted it and worked again now stopped working again. I never came this kind of problem before. It is making me very Mad. It is not the Brodband because other coputer are working.
    Please i need your help desparetly, Looking forward to hear from you

Paddy

Re: Unable to browse internet while connected.

Hi there can you specify how do you connect to internet through wireless or broadband connection through router or directly through your com$$$$ng device. I have some suggestion for you. If your internet is not working while you connected try to ping yahoo.com or any site that gives ping reply.

For Example got to start menu and than to click on run a diagloue box will appear.
    Than type cmd and press enter
    commandline window will open now.
    Than type
    ping yahoo.com

if you get the following reply your internet is working.
    Pinging yahoo.com [209.131.36.159] with 32 bytes of data:
    Reply from 209.131.36.159: bytes=32 time=159ms TTL=49
    Reply from 209.131.36.159: bytes=32 time=160ms TTL=49
    Reply from 209.131.36.159: bytes=32 time=159ms TTL=49
    Reply from 209.131.36.159: bytes=32 time=161ms TTL=49

Ping statistics for 209.131.36.159:
    Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
    Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
    Minimum = 159ms, Maximum = 161ms, Average = 159ms

Otherwise you will get following reply.
    Pinging hotmail.com [64.4.32.7] with 32 bytes of data:
    Request timed out.
    Request timed out.
    Request timed out.
    Request timed out.

Ping statistics for 64.4.32.7:
    Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 0, Lost = 4 (100% loss)

IF you get reply that means you connected to internet but your proxy may be not allowing you to access the internet through browsers.

Here is the list to how to check the proxy settings in browsers:
    Internet Explorer
    Go to the Tools menu there you will find internet option category click on it new window will appear. go to the Connections tab there you will find the LAN Settings option click on it again another box will appear there will be check box select the Automatically detect settings and deselect any others that are not needed depends on what kind of network environment you are logging. than try to browse internet.

IF The above doesnot works specify me how do you connect to internet and i will try to figure it out...

Re: Unable to browse internet while connected.

Connected to a local area connection doesnít mean that you are connected to the internet. If you connected to any of these, local area connection, wireless network connection doesnít mean that you are connected to the internet. All that it meant is that your computer is connected to your modem therefore telling you that a link has been establish. You need to type in this 192.168.1.1 in your address bar in the internet explorer to configure your modem.

Linked with a local community or any of the wifi internet doesn't mean that you are linked to the internet. If you linked to any of these, local community relationship, wireless network does not mean that you are linked to the internet. So just be specific and try to take the help from search engine.

Connected with a nearby community or any of the wifi world wide web won't necessarily mean that you'll be for this world wide web. In the event you connected to such, neighborhood relationship, wireless network isn't going to necessarily mean that you'll be for this world wide web.