Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Nepali embassy in UK - what a rubbish website.

Nepali embassy in UK - what a rubbish website.

FFS it's 2010, not 1990. OK, it barely does the job.

I remember looking at the website about 3-4 years ago for getting a visa, and it hasn't changed one bit. The information and general design of the website is like something I would have done in my bedroom 10 years ago.

What the heck are the ambassadors/officials doing in the office when the office is shut? Do they not realise how rubbish and how poorly the information is presented and layed out (and lack of it) on the website is?

There is so much potential in the embassy to build a good reputation with Nepali citizens and British citizens through this website, the Internet nowadays is the life and blood as a source of information and alot of the issues we've had in recent times, such as the Gurkhas settlement, students, etc, although these are largely British initiatives, they have an impact on Nepali citizens.

I feel sorry for tourists from UK who have to get visa's and are then presented with this website. Compare it with the British Embassy in Nepal's website. No wonder we have lots of Nepali students here, it's so helpful and nicely presented.

Whoever is responsible in the embassy, rather than sticking 20 into your back pocket for under the counter passport stamps, how about using that time to develop the website, set an example to the Brits the true beuaty of Nepal.

Nepal embassy in UK
    http://www.nepembassy.org.uk

UK embassy in Nepal
    http://ukinnepal.fco.gov.uk/en/

I'm not afriad of bureaucrats. Who agrees with me on this?
    ---
    Save Amar Bahadur Bam

Re: Nepali embassy in UK - what a rubbish website.

Nice search Thanks !!

yes outspoken, the site represent the ill mentality and capacity of our corrupted bureaucrats , we all know how they are sent as ambassadors and other officials, chakadai chaplusi and ghuskhori

syangia - nice search ? ???

Thanks maan, I hope others agree too. I've sent the same message to the embassy as well, I'm sure I'm not the only one who has raised this.

Thanks.
    ---
    Save Amar Bahadur Bam

That's hilirious, the PM inaugurates Nepal Tourism Year 2011 ... and look at the Nepali Embassy in UK website! It's not a great start.

http://www.nepalnews.com/main/index....-tourists.html
    ---
    Save Amar Bahadur Bam

I strongly agree with you. website is first impression nowadays.

@Outspoken Mitra, timile 10yrs agi bedroomma testo banauna janne ahile ta jhan kya daamiz banauchhau hola ta, baru yaso courtesy Volunteer gari deuna Website banayer, timro naam nai rahanchha....hamro deshko pani ijjat rahanchha khai afulai IT & English dubai aaudaina Romanma type garna bahek......

Our country is run by bunch of illiterate thugs. Forget about Nepali Embassy in the UK website, just look at the Nepal Government website http://www.opmcm.gov.np/ look at the quality of it. A 10 year old can build much better than theirs. These thugs are 20 yrs behind so are their brains, they don't do anything but thinking about making money all the time whilst then are in the government. Bunch of idiots, I get very frustrated reading news about Nepal.

Anyway, we must send them emails until their thick brain come to life!
    Good luck for organising 'Visit Nepal whenever...' Who will visit Nepal after seeing such a disgusting toilets and facilities in the airport and not to forget the state of Kathmandu!!!

Jenish

Quote Originally Posted by Rail
    @Outspoken Mitra, timile 10yrs agi bedroomma testo banauna janne ahile ta jhan kya daamiz banauchhau hola ta, baru yaso courtesy Volunteer gari deuna Website banayer, timro naam nai rahanchha....hamro deshko pani ijjat rahanchha khai afulai IT & English dubai aaudaina Romanma type garna bahek......

Mitra, thanks for the kind words, but I think there is something wrong about me trying to volunteer to build a website for the Nepali embassy, whilst officials go about taking under-the-counter fast track visa stamps and reap all the money for their selfish needs. If they want to build a website, they should be getting orders from civil servants in the Nepalese governments to improve the site. There's lots of talented web houses in Nepal that could be contracted to do the task.

Jenish, I just don't understand how Visit Nepal campaign is right in the climate Nepal is in, politics is still rife, ****heads and mobs on the streets, frustrates the hell out of me too, GPK - hurry up and die if you're not going to stand down. Is that dude frigging immortal??

Anyway, Nepali Embassy in UK - get a grip.
    ---
    Save Amar Bahadur Bam

Am I going nutz, or did the Nepali embassy website suddenly add a hint of red in a way to impress me?

http://www.nepembassy.org.uk/
    ---
    Save Amar Bahadur Bam